Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Nicolas Vervelle <ni...@steria.com> on 2005/09/19 19:10:16 UTC

and failifexecutionfails

Hi,

I want to run an executable during the build only if the executable is
available.
How can I prevent the build from failing if the executable is not here ?

I tried the failifexecutionfails attribute :
    <apply executable="xgettext2" dir="${src.dir}" parallel="true"
           verbose="true" relative="true" forwardslash="true"
           failifexecutionfails="false">
      <arg value="-kGT._" />
      <arg value="--language=Java" />
      <arg value="--msgid-bugs-address=jmol-
developers@lists.sourceforge.net"/>
      <arg value="--output-dir=${basedir}/${Jmol.po.dir}/tmp" />
      <arg value="--output=Jmol.pot" />
      <fileset dir="${src.dir}">
        <include name="**/*.java"/>
        <exclude name="**/jmol/applet/*.java"/>
      </fileset>
    </apply>

I thought that it would do the trick, but when I run the build with the
executable missing, I got the following exception:
E:\Java\Jmol-HEAD\build-i18n.xml:54: Execute failed:
java.io.IOException: CreateProcess: xgettext2 -kGT._ --language=Java --
msgid-bugs-address=jmol-developers@lists.sourceforge.net --output-
dir=E:\Java\Jmol-HEAD/src/org/jmol/translation/Jmol/tmp --
output=Jmol.pot JmolApplet.java JmolAppletControl.java ...

Failifexecutionfails is not well documented in the <apply> task, but in
the <exec> task, there is this note about this attribute : "You can use
that to run a program if it exists, but otherwise do nothing."
I thought it would be the same for <apply>, but that's not the case.

I am using Ant bundled with Eclipse 3.1.

TIA,
Nicolas