Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by dubi <du...@il.ibm.com> on 2011/05/23 17:47:14 UTC

>300 threads

I am running Jmeter against application named " DayTrader "

for <=300 therads  it works fine . If I try 400 Threads (always ramp up
period is 1/10 of the number of
threads i.e 40 secs for 400 threads . A thread is fired everty 0.1 sec) then
it finishes but with less than the expected number of samples (100000
instead of 120000)and some low error indications: 0.67%, 0.04%  etc.(Error%)
. I do not see any error in the jmeter.log aside from a statment that some
thread is going to be stopped . What  kind of error does the non zero Error%
point to ?

Here is how the 400 summary report (GUI) look like:

http://jmeter.512774.n5.nabble.com/file/n4419416/400users_probelm.bmp

Re: >300 threads

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 23 May 2011 16:47, dubi <du...@il.ibm.com> wrote:
> I am running Jmeter against application named " DayTrader "
>
> for <=300 therads  it works fine . If I try 400 Threads (always ramp up
> period is 1/10 of the number of
> threads i.e 40 secs for 400 threads . A thread is fired everty 0.1 sec) then
> it finishes but with less than the expected number of samples (100000
> instead of 120000)and some low error indications: 0.67%, 0.04%  etc.(Error%)
> . I do not see any error in the jmeter.log aside from a statment that some
> thread is going to be stopped . What  kind of error does the non zero Error%
> point to ?
>
> Here is how the 400 summary report (GUI) look like:
>
> http://jmeter.512774.n5.nabble.com/file/n4419416/400users_probelm.bmp

JMeter does not report sampling errors to the log, they are reported
as failed samples, which will be counted as errors in the listeners.

The most likely problem is that the server cannot cope with the additional load.

It's also possible that JMeter is running short of memory - if that
happens, it's not always possible to log an error, but there should be
a message in the console window.

If some samples are missing, then some threads have not been able to
complete the test.
That could be due to:
- error in the test plan causing thread to perform too few samples
- test plan is set to stop thread on error
- memory exhaustion

The screen shot is rather difficult to read, but it appears to show
several listeners. More listeners => more memory needed, see:

http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/best-practices.html#lean_mean