Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by A Geek <dw...@live.com> on 2012/08/14 06:56:53 UTC

What are the basic steps to improve Cassandra performance

hi all, I'm a bit new to Cassandra and was wondering what are the basic steps that we must follow to optimize the Cassandra for performance in general and how to improve the performance for "select * from X" type of queries. Any help would be much appreciated. Note that, we have huge data sitting in our schema.
Thanks, DK

Re: What are the basic steps to improve Cassandra performance

Posted by aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>.
> optimize the Cassandra for performance in general
It's a lot easier to answer specific questions. Cassandra is fast, and there are way to make it faster in specific use cases.

> improve the performance for "select * from X" type of queries
Ah. Are you specifying a row key or are you trying to get multiple rows ? Getting the columns from the start of row is the most efficient query, see my presentation here http://www.datastax.com/events/cassandrasummit2012/presentations

Hope that helps.

Aaron Morton
Freelance Developer
@aaronmorton