Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by John Burwell <jo...@shapeblue.com> on 2016/11/01 03:23:35 UTC

Outstanding Review/Testing for 4.8.2.0/4.9.1.0/4.10.0.0 RCs

All,

Since we have stabilized the smoke tests, we have made good progress merging PRs.  Currently, the following open PRs are being targeted for these releases:

	* 4.10.0.0 (+ all 4.8.2.0 and 4.9.1.0 PRs)
  		* 1542
  		* 1545
  		* 1577
  		* 1578
  		* 1579
  		* 1580
		* 1600
		* 1732
	* 4.9.1.0 (+ all 4.8.2.0 PRs)
  		* 1676
  		* 1677
  		* 1678
  		* 1680
  		* 1681
  		* 1684
	* 4.8.2.0
  		* 1673
  		* 1674
  		* 1694

Are there any other open PRs that folks feel should be included in these releases?  I have updated each of these PRs with next steps, and, where possible, kicked off regression tests.

I would like to get the 4.8.2.0, 4.9.1.0, and 4.10.0.0 RCs out by COB, next Wednesday (5 Wednesday 2016).  Any assistance people can provide reviewing/testing these PRs to get them merged would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
-John
john.burwell@shapeblue.com
www.shapeblue.com
53 Chandos Place, Covent Garden, London VA WC2N 4HSUK
@shapeblue

Re: Outstanding Review/Testing for 4.8.2.0/4.9.1.0/4.10.0.0 RCs

Posted by Rohit Yadav <ro...@shapeblue.com>.
All,

I've managed to merge few PRs, though the progress is slow. If you've time, please go through the list of PRs that John has shared. Many of them need just an additional code review to be merged. On several of them, we already have regression smoketest results and on the remaining we'll see results soon.

I've also added functionality in blueorangutan (github build-bot) to allow us to run additional component tests. Except for intermittent failing vpc/vr related tests, most smoke tests are passing on all three hypervisors (kvm, vmware and xenserver), the next step is to increase test run coverage to include existing (~131) components tests to Travis and Trillian, and fix/optimize them over time. Many of the component tests can actually run against simulator, and therefore we can use Travis to run them for us, in addition of running them with Trillian.

Regards.

________________________________
Posted by John Burwell <jo...@shapeblue.com>.
Haijao,

Posted by Haijiao <18...@163.com>.
Hi, John

Is that possible to include these 2 PRs in 4.10 since 4.10 is supposed to be a release with new features.

Posted by Rohit Yadav <ro...@shapeblue.com>.
There are some PRs whose author need to fix merge conflicts, or squash their commits, or participate in the discussion:

1545

1577
1578
1579
1580

Due to issues at the backend, I've manually kicked Trillian tests on following PRs:

1673

1676

1680

1681

1732

The following PRs in the queue, being packaged right now and I'll kick tests on them shortly:

1542

1600

1674

1677

1745

Following PRs have enough test results, but needs one or more code review LGTMs:

1694

I've merged two UI related PRs, in general I've pinged people to rebase and fix merge-conflicts on several PRs.

Regards.