Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by marcosroriz <ma...@gmail.com> on 2011/05/28 21:37:18 UTC

ActiveMQ on Android

I'm doing an academic project which focus on providing some enhanced “LBS”
services for Android. To do that, we are making a small middleware. The core
communication of it uses a MOM (in our implementation --> JMS).

I’ve used ActiveMQ JMS implementation using JNDI connectivity, in the past,
and it seems that isn’t available on Android. I searched on the web and I
found some topics on using the XMPP protocol as a transport mean to
communicate with the event broker.

The problem is that I never worked with XMPP, and it seems that it’s really
not trivial compared to “standard”usage. Is it really that different than
“standard” JNDI/ActiveMQ?

Re: ActiveMQ on Android

Posted by Dejan Bosanac <de...@nighttale.net>.
Hi,

I'd suggest you research some lightweight client options, such as

- Stomp - http://activemq.apache.org/stomp.html
or
- Rest - http://activemq.apache.org/rest.html
<http://activemq.apache.org/stomp.html>