Posted to dev@devicemap.apache.org by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org> on 2015/08/20 09:52:38 UTC

Radu Cotescu is the new DeviceMap PMC chair

Hi,

I'm pleased to announce that the ASF Board of Directors has approved
our request to make Radu the new DeviceMap PMC chair.

Radu, thanks for accepting the job even though the future of this
project is uncertain. Let's see what happens next.

-Bertrand

Re: Radu Cotescu is the new DeviceMap PMC chair

Posted by Werner Keil <we...@gmail.com>.
If Infra or another place can help by providing download stats for the
currently released stuff, that would also be useful.
I mentioned before, it's important to look at how much download actitity
(also maybe not compare it to Tomcat or other heavy weights, but look, if
there is "any" demand above the odd 1 or 2) exists, rather than if 1 or 2
people commit.

We may not cover every new phone that's introduced, but having some of the
most popular models and model families that sell Millions is important...

Werner

Posted by Werner Keil <we...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.

Posted by Werner Keil <we...@gmail.com>.
Radu, thanks for helping out as DeviceMap PMC chair.

The team is small (always was, especially if you count real activity of all
committers;-) so let's properly release the artifacts that especially
Eberhard never did. Maybe some other bits like examples and present them in
Budapest.
That and e.g. download stats of released work (also a reason why .NET
clients couldn't even be measured so far, unless someone looks at SVN
checkouts) will show us, if there's demand or not for it.

Werner

On Thu, Aug 20, 2015 at 9:52 AM, Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacretaz@apache.org