Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by zneria <zn...@gmail.com> on 2017/07/12 20:41:57 UTC

Font Spacing

Hello,I'm using Guacd version 0.9.3, running on a Centos7 Docker container.
When connecting to the console the fonts have an irregular spacing. Each
character is spaced very far apart. The only font that seems to look ok is
Terminus. But this also has a lot of spacing separating each line
(top/bottom). Is there something that I need to install in order to render
the fonts correctly?Thanks

Re: Font Spacing

Posted by zneria <zn...@gmail.com>.
Hi Mike,

I was able to resolve this issue. Seems there is some sort of bug using
CentOS7 and Docker regarding the fonts. I rebuilt the Docker container using
CentOS6 and all seems well.

Thanks!

Re: Font Spacing

Posted by zneria <zn...@gmail.com>.
Yes I totally agree with updating up ASAP. However we have this working in
our environment using RHEL. The problem did not arise until we switched to
using Centos7 on Docker. Kinda strange.

Re: Font Spacing

Posted by Mike Jumper <mi...@guac-dev.org>.
On Wed, Jul 12, 2017 at 4:37 PM, zneria <zn...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Mike,
>
> No I haven't. It's not supported by our application at this time.

I strongly recommend updating your application as soon as possible. I
sympathize that this may not be immediately feasible, but you're
ultimately avoiding ~3 years worth of fixes and improvements.

Even if you can't update your application yet, it would be good to
test against an unmodified copy of the latest version of Guacamole to
make sure you're not encountering a bug which has been fixed.

> I have to imagine there must be some sort of config setting or acceptable font besides Terminus that works for this?

Any monospaced font should work well.

Can you provide a screenshot of what you're seeing?

- Mike

Re: Font Spacing

Posted by zneria <zn...@gmail.com>.
Hi Mike,

No I haven't. It's not supported by our application at this time. I have to

Re: Font Spacing

Posted by Mike Jumper <mi...@guac-dev.org>.
The latest release is 0.9.12, with 0.9.13 on the way. Version 0.9.3 is
quite old.

Have you tried a more recent build?

- Mike