Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Kiran Patel <ki...@simas.com> on 2005/07/22 00:27:53 UTC

Jsp and xml

Hello all,

I am creating a xml document using JSP.  The JAVA codes in JSP creates blank lines in xml document.  How can I remove this or how can I don't create.  I will appreciate any help.

Thank You,

Kiran Patel
Software Engineer
Solutions Inc.

Re: Jsp and xml

Posted by Tim Koop <gr...@timkoop.com>.
Two things I can think of:

1. Remember that a line that contains <% ...code... %>  will also
produce an end-of-line (eol) character, so instead of something like this:
<% for (int i=0; i<list.length; i++) { %>
  <tag name="<%= list[i] %>">
<% } %>

do something like this:

<% for (int i=0; i<list.length; i++) { %><tag name="<%= list[i] %>">
<% } %>

or this:

<% for (int i=0; i<list.length; i++) {
  %><tag name="<%= list[i] %>">
<% } %>

2.  Maybe you are producing the xml/jsp on a Windows computer that
produces CR + LF characters and viewing it on a computer that interprets
these as two separate EOL characters.  This is not as likely as number 1
above.

Tim Koop