Posted to users@solr.apache.org by Jens Viebig <je...@vitec.com> on 2021/12/15 10:48:54 UTC

Using join queries with synchronous filterCache is not supported

Hi List,
Since upgrading from solr 8.8.2 to 8.11.0 we get the following error message:

Using join queries with synchronous filterCache is not supported! Details can be found in Solr Reference Guide under 'query-settings-in-solrconfig'.

Looking at the commit history this was recently added:
https://github.com/apache/solr/commits/2d395989017cc28473dbe60d9a1e9e9301bf9112/solr/core/src/java/org/apache/solr/search/JoinQuery.java

For now we needed to disable the filter cache completely on the main core/index to make searches work. We are concerned about loss of performance.

Is there any documentation on how to correctly configure the filter cache on 8.11.0 ?

Best Regards
Jens

Jens Viebig
Software Developer
o:
+49 4307 8358 0
f:
+49 4307 8358 699
jens.viebig@vitec.com
www.vitec.com

Legal Notice
 Unless expressly stated otherwise, this message is confidential and may be privileged. It is intended for the addressee(s) only. Access to this e-mail by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are not an addressee, any disclosure or copying of the contents of this e-mail or any action taken (or not taken) in reliance on it is unauthorized and may be unlawful. If you are not an addressee, please inform the sender immediately. Neither VITEC S.A. (66 Avenue des Champs Elysées – 75008 Paris - France) nor any of its subsidiaries or affiliates shall be liable for the message if altered, changed or falsified. VITEC GmbH, Lise-Meitner-Str. 15, 24223 Schwentinental
 Geschäftsführer/Managing Director: Philippe Wetzel
 HRB Plön 1584 / Steuernummer: 2029706365 / VATnumber: DE134878603

AW: Using join queries with synchronous filterCache is not supported

Have you considered turning async=true for the cache?

--
Sincerely yours
Mikhail Khludnev

Re: Using join queries with synchronous filterCache is not supported

Posted by Mikhail Khludnev <mk...@apache.org>.
Hello, Jens.