Posted to dev@community.apache.org by Brian Thompson <se...@pm.me.INVALID> on 2021/08/02 23:14:30 UTC

Re: Shorter and clearer Issue and PR templates

On 0726, Rich Bowen wrote:
>Acknowledged ... but ...
>
>I wonder if it would be useful to have this kind of thing in our project
>resource library. This kind of thing - going this far out of your way to
>make it easy for people to participate in your project - is just so
>awesome, and so much more than many of our projects do. Having something
>like this in a place where other projects can access it could be really
>helpful to many of our projects which struggle to attract new participants.

Agreed, anything that lowers the bar to entry for getting users and dev
participating in the development of a project, I'm all for.  Like Rich
said, having this available in the resource library would be very nice.
Teams could choose to adopt this approach or do their own thing.  I
don't think a mandate is warranted here.
--
Best regards,

Brian T