Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Simon Kitching <sk...@apache.org> on 2008/11/12 16:20:35 UTC

Promoting the s:limitRendered component as t:renderOne

Hi All,

There was a discussion a while ago on this list about promoting the
sandbox s:limitRendered component (written by Andrew Robinson) into
tomahawk.

There seemed to be general agreement that it was useful, but that some
rework should be done, including:
* renaming to t:renderOne
* simplifying so that it only supports rendering one child, not N.
* improving the documentation.

There was also discussion about whether it should go into Tomahawk or
into the new commons-components module (as it doesn't actually render
any html).

Although it was agreed to promote into Tomahawk, it looks like nothing
actually happened. I was reminded of this today, as I found a situation
where it would have been very useful...

I'm just reminding people that it exists. I'm off on holiday soon for a
few weeks so won't be able to do anything in the near future, but if
no-one has dealt with it before I'm back then I intend to do the agreed
work to get it ready for promotion.

Cheers,
Simon

Re: Promoting the s:limitRendered component as t:renderOne

Posted by Gerhard Petracek <ge...@gmail.com>.
hello,

+1 for a new vote

regards,
gerhard

2008/11/13 Hazem Saleh <ha...@apache.org>

> In the old discussion, there was a vote that was already done, and the vote
> determined promoting the
> component to Tomahawk.
>
> Should I make a new voting and suspend the component promotion to Tomahawk
> ?
>

> On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 10:15 PM, Gerhard Petracek <
> gerhard.petracek@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> sounds good to me.
>>
>> regards,
>> gerhard
>>

>> 2008/11/13 Andrew Robinson <an...@gmail.com>
>>
>> Since it doesn't render anything, perhaps it should?

>>> skitching@apache.org>

>>> the
>>> into

>>> some
>>> N.

>>> Tomahawk or
>>> render

>>> nothing

>>> for
>>> if

>>> http://www.amazon.com/Definitive-Guide-Apache-MyFaces-Facelets/dp/1590597370

>>> http://www.amazon.com/Definitive-Guide-Apache-MyFaces-Facelets/dp/1590597370

>>> http://www.amazon.com/Definitive-Guide-Apache-MyFaces-Facelets/dp/1590597370

>> --
>>
>> http://www.irian.at
>>
>> Your JSF powerhouse -
>> JSF Consulting, Development and
>> Courses in English and German

> Hazem Ahmed Saleh Ahmed
>
> Author of (The Definitive Guide to Apache MyFaces and Facelets):
>
> http://www.amazon.com/Definitive-Guide-Apache-MyFaces-Facelets/dp/1590597370
>
> Web blog: http://www.jroller.com/page/HazemBlog
>
> [Web 2.0] Google Maps Integration with JSF:
> http://code.google.com/p/gmaps4jsf/
> http://www.theserverside.com/news/thread.tss?thread_id=51250

--

http://www.irian.at

Your JSF powerhouse -
JSF Consulting, Development and
Courses in English and German

Professional Support for Apache MyFaces

Re: Promoting the s:limitRendered component as t:renderOne

Posted by Leonardo Uribe <lu...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 5:46 PM, Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com>wrote:

> It'd make a lot more sense to have the vote be to promote the
> component to Commons since that's the consensus so far, instead of
> voting against it being promoted to Tomahawk.

+1 on vote about promote to commons.

I would like to create a project for commons on jira, but I can't do it.
Does anyone have rights and a little bit of time for create it?.

We need to create a module called myfaces-commons-components too.

regards

Leonardo Uribe

Posted by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Glauco P. Gomes" <gl...@yahoo.com.br>.
I think that a new vote is unnecessary, since a vote already occurred
[1] to promote/move non-rendering components and listeners to
myfaces-commons-components, and the result is to move then to this
project [2].

[1] http://www.mail-archive.com/dev@myfaces.apache.org/msg35547.html
[2] http://www.mail-archive.com/dev@myfaces.apache.org/msg35640.html

Glauco P. Gomes

Re: Promoting the s:limitRendered component as t:renderOne

Posted by Hazem Saleh <ha...@apache.org>.

Posted by Gerhard Petracek <ge...@gmail.com>.
sounds good to me.

Posted by Andrew Robinson <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Hazem Saleh <ha...@apache.org>.
Refactoring is done.

Posted by Hazem Saleh <ha...@apache.org>.
We are one team.

Posted by Andrew Robinson <an...@gmail.com>.
Hazem,

Posted by Simon Kitching <sk...@apache.org>.
Hi Hazem,

If you have time then that would be great!

The discussion thread can be found here:

http://www.nabble.com/-VOTE--Upgrade-s:limitRendered-to-tomahawk-td18226749.html

Regards,
Simon

Posted by Hazem Saleh <ha...@apache.org>.