Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Rob Shepherd <ro...@informatics.bangor.ac.uk> on 2004/07/14 20:02:42 UTC

including classes from same higher level package

Hello, I have split my source up into different projects

in project one i have

org/myorg/*.java
org/myorg/pkgA/*.java
org/myorg/pkgB/*.java

in another project, project 2, i have

org/myorg/pkgZ/*.java

I have an ant script to compile project 2 no probs and make jar P2.jar

but project one has small dependancy on part of project 2

so i compile with

<javac srcdir="/java/p1/src/java/" >
	<classpath>
	   <pathelement location="/java/p2/P2.jar" />
	</classpath>
</javac>

But to no avail... I get package org.myorg.pkgZ does not exist

how do I make javac see that the classes are not in the source path to be compiled, but in
the classpath as a lib.???

i've tried various attempts at includes and excludes but to no avail...

many thanks

best regards

Rob

--
/**
  *	Rob Shepherd,

Re: including classes from same higher level package

Posted by Rob Shepherd <ro...@informatics.bangor.ac.uk>.
Rob Shepherd wrote:
> Hello, I have split my source up into different projects
>
> in project one i have
>
> org/myorg/*.java
> org/myorg/pkgA/*.java
> org/myorg/pkgB/*.java
>
> in another project, project 2, i have
>
> org/myorg/pkgZ/*.java
>
> I have an ant script to compile project 2 no probs and make jar P2.jar
>
> but project one has small dependancy on part of project 2
>
> so i compile with
>
> <javac srcdir="/java/p1/src/java/" >
>     <classpath>
>        <pathelement location="/java/p2/P2.jar" />
>     </classpath>
> </javac>
>
> But to no avail... I get package org.myorg.pkgZ does not exist
>
> how do I make javac see that the classes are not in the source path to
> be compiled, but in the classpath as a lib.???
>
> i've tried various attempts at includes and excludes but to no avail...
>
> many thanks
>
> best regards
>
> Rob

Sorry please ignore me... a stupid mistake.
fixed now.

sorry again

Rob

--