Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by Sherwin Lu <sh...@hotmail.com> on 2003/05/19 22:04:23 UTC

Newbie question...

This is probably pretty silly...

But once I've defined my repository_user.xml and all the other related xml
files, how do I tell torque to go and generate the schema based upon the xml
file?

I've looked at the ant build-torque.xml and is the typical manner to go and
muck with that file or is there a cleaner way (parameter that you define in
the build.properties file)?

Thanks..

-Sherwin

Re: Newbie question...

Posted by Brian McCallister <mc...@forthillcompany.com>.
Torque doesn't generate a schema based on the repository_user.xml. It
generates it based on its own xxx_schema.xml documentation.

The ant task within torque is 'ant insert-sql' to generate the schema
(warning, it drops the tables before recreating them). This is
typically done via an 'ant -f build-torque.xml insert-sql' if you are
using a pretty typical torque installation.

-Brian