Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Travis Reeder <tr...@gmail.com> on 2008/07/10 21:10:27 UTC

[LANG] Add FastUrlEncoder class from Google's Data API

Read the javadoc that explains this class. Seems like a good thing for
commons-lang to have so any project can benefit from it.

http://code.google.com/p/gdata-java-client/source/browse/trunk/java/src/com/google/gdata/util/httputil/FastURLEncoder.java

Thoughts?

Travis

Re: [LANG] Add FastUrlEncoder class from Google's Data API

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 10/07/2008, sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 10/07/2008, Travis Reeder <tr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>  > Read the javadoc that explains this class. Seems like a good thing for
>  >  commons-lang to have so any project can benefit from it.
>  >
>  >  http://code.google.com/p/gdata-java-client/source/browse/trunk/java/src/com/google/gdata/util/httputil/FastURLEncoder.java
>  >
>  >  Thoughts?
>  >

> It's not thread-safe - in fact it is thread-hostile because of the
>  static verifyAgainstJava variable.
>
>  It also uses java util logging, which may not be desirable for LANG.
>
>  But I suppose those parts are not essential to the class and could be removed.

It also requires Java 1.5 - it uses StringBuilder and Appendable.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.