Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Dmitri T <gl...@live.com> on 2023/06/01 05:34:16 UTC

Re: Excluding Domains from Load Test

Ursula Friede wrote:
> [...]
>
> Thank you.
>
> Warm regards
>
> Ursula Friede
>
> ___________________________
>
> ?Slimming World is the UK and Ireland's leading independent slimming organisation. Launched in 1969, we've helped millions of people achieve their dream weight and stay there for life through our commitment-boosting community-based groups and through our flexible digital-only programme, Slimming World Online. Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/group-or-online-membership<http://www.slimmingworld.co.uk/group-or-online-membership> for more information.
>
> Our self-employed Consultants have a hugely rewarding role helping people in their communities live happier, healthier lives. If you're a past or present Slimming World member who's close to or at your target and passionate about Food Optimising, Body Magic and sharing the empowering support you experienced in your group, we'd love to hear from you! To find out more, visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/become-a-consultant<http://www.slimmingworld.co.uk/become-a-consultant>. We'll give you full training and endless support as you build your own successful Slimming World business.
>
> To find your nearest group visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/nearest-group-search<http://www.slimmingworld.co.uk/nearest-group-search>
>
> For general enquiries, call 0344 892 0400 or from the Republic of Ireland, call 01 656 9600
>
> Keep in touch on social media: www.twitter.com/slimmingworld<http://www.twitter.com/slimmingworld>, www.facebook.com/slimmingworld<http://www.facebook.com/slimmingworld>, www.instagram.com/slimmingworld/<http://www.instagram.com/slimmingworld/>, www.youtube.com/slimmingworld<http://www.youtube.com/slimmingworld>, www.tiktok.com/@slimmingworld<ht...@slimmingworld>
>
> Miles Bramwell Executive Services Limited trading as Slimming World number 01242071, registered address Clover Nook Road, Alfreton, Derbyshire DE55 4SW is part of a group of companies which operate the Slimming World business through a network of self-employed Consultant franchisees. It is authorised to act for and on behalf of all other companies which operate under the Slimming World brand in the United Kingdom and Republic of Ireland.
>
> This email and any files transmitted with it are private and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, the email and any files have been transmitted to you in error and any copying, distribution or other use of the information contained in them is strictly prohibited. Nothing in this email message amounts to a contractual or other legal commitment on the part of Slimming World unless confirmed by a communication signed by authorised Slimming World personnel.
>
> Please consider the environment and only print this e-mail if you really need to.

And if Google Analytics slows down the user experience what you will be
able to do about it?

The idea of excluding certain resources from load tests is that your
test should focus solely on the system under test without any 3rd-party
integrations. For example if "Internal reporting domains" cause a lot of
trouble you will be able to identify the bottleneck and fix it
<https://www.educative.io/blog/performance-testing-101-bottlenecks>, but
in case of Google Analytics - it's totally beyond your control. It also
applies to all 3rd-party embedded resources
<https://www.blazemeter.com/blog/web-testing-jmeter> used in your
website: videos, banners, scripts, fonts, styles, sounds, etc.

Re: Excluding Domains from Load Test

Posted by Antonio Gomes Rodrigues <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Be careful with testing third party.
You can be blocking/pay for these requests/ distort the statistic (for
example in google analytics)/don't exist anymore (for example you have a JS
script in your website which load another js script not in your domain)/not
load at the right moment (for example it's laly load by the  browser)/etc

For " Internal reporting domains", be careful too it "reporting" mean "do
statistics on your client"
And comparing the two tests does not mean " identify where all the
performance problems are". It will depend how third party will be loaded
and executed in your browser

My opinion is to not test third party
To check if third party can cause problem, put monitoring in production
(RUM, Synthetic test)

Fwd: Excluding Domains from Load Test

Posted by Deepak Goel <de...@gmail.com>.