Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Mike Kimber <mk...@kana.com> on 2011/11/09 16:22:43 UTC

Couchdb build on Centos 5.7 picking up /usr/ and not /usr/local

I am trying to build CouchDB 1.1.1 on Centos 5.7.

To do this I have to build curl 7.22.0 and erlang otp_src_R13B04 to meet the pre-reqs. This I have done successfully. However they install in /usr/local whereas the couchdb configure script is currently looking in ./usr.

I have managed to get the configure script to work using:

sudo ./configure --with-erlang=/usr/local/lib/erlang/erts-5.7.5/include --enable-js-trunk --with-win32-curl=/usr/local/include

but when I run sudo make I now get:

/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -l/usr/local/include/lib/libcurl

And this file/directory does not exist except in the Curl distribution and that contains pdf/html documents.

I have successfully done this build on a Centos 5.6, but can't see where I'm going wrong on 5.7. The /usr/local/include/lib/libcurl does not exit on the Centos 5.6 centos build either, but this built.

Any help gratefully received, as I'm very confused!

Mike

MICHAEL KIMBER

PRINCIPAL ARCHITECT

d: 02890788378| m: 07792329322

f: 02890788339 | e: mkimber@kana.com<ma...@kana.com>

209 Airport Road West, Belfast
BT3 9EZ, United Kingdom

[cid:image001.gif@01CC9EF3.6D6440B0]<http://www.kana.com/service-experience-management/stack.php>

EVENTS<http://www.kana.com/better-practices/events.php> | WHITEPAPERS<http://www.kana.com/better-practices/white-papers.php> | CASE STUDIES<http://www.kana.com/better-practices/video-case-studies.php> | DEMOS<http://www.kana.com/service-solutions/demo-library.php>

[cid:image002.gif@01CC9EF3.6D6440B0]<http://www.facebook.com/pages/KANA-Software-Inc/146154198748782>

[cid:image003.gif@01CC9EF3.6D6440B0]<http://www.twitter.com/kanasoftware>

[cid:image004.gif@01CC9EF3.6D6440B0]<http://www.linkedin.com/groups/KANA-Software-1129?mostPopular=&gid=1129>

[cid:image005.gif@01CC9EF3.6D6440B0]<http://www.kana.com/independent-research-firm-gartner-names-kana-leader-in-the-magic-quadrant-for-crm-web-customer-service.php>

The information in this email and any attachments is confidential and intended solely for the attention and use of the named addressee(s). It may be subject to legal, professional or other privilege and further distribution of it is strictly prohibited without our authority. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to and must not disclose, copy, distribute, or retain this message or any part of it, and should notify us immediately.

RE: Couchdb build on Centos 5.7 picking up /usr/ and not /usr/local

Posted by Mike Kimber <mk...@kana.com>.
I made the following symbolic links which fixed the problem

lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root    19 Nov  9 11:11 /usr/bin/curl -> /usr/local/bin/curl
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root    26 Nov  9 11:13 /usr/bin/curl-config -> /usr/local/bin/curl-config
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 23 Nov  9 11:11 /usr/include/curl -> /usr/local/include/curl

Still does not answer why it ignores my $PATH setting of /usr/local, but thanks for your help, it's much appreciated.

Mike

Posted by CGS <cg...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mike Kimber <mk...@kana.com>.
Its there but it's located in:

/usr/local/lib/libcurl.a

I think the make file env setting issue is to do with as that seems to be to do with 32 bit curl and I'm using a 64biot server:

--with-win32-curl=/usr/local/include

But if I leave that off it cant find curl-config as its looking in /usr/bin/curl-config and not /usr/local/bin/curl-config

I suspect if it would look in /usr/local/ it may build correctly, but could be wrong

Mike

Posted by CGS <cg...@gmail.com>.