Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by fat suze <fa...@gmail.com> on 2007/06/24 06:28:00 UTC

Simple Axis2 service in transport session scope, which method is called with each request?

I'm trying to find a method that is called every time my service is
accessed.  There is init(ServiceContext) and destroy(ServiceContext) that is
called at the start of each session, but that doesn't help (at least in
transport scope - because that is called at the start/end of each session I
believe).

After hours of googling, I've found mention of two things that don't seem to
actually exist anymore (I assume they did at some point in time) -

1) init(MessageContext), which was mentioned on
http://www.developer.com/open/print.php/10930_3589126_3

and

2) public void setOperationContext(OperationContext operationContext) which
is mentioned at http://www.developer.com/java/web/article.php/3620661

Neither of these seem to work, but obviously there is some simple way to do
something before each operation.... I just can't find the documentation on
it!

Please help, thanks

Susie

RE: Simple Axis2 service in transport session scope, which method is called with each request?

Posted by "Ebert, Chris" <ch...@hp.com>.
You should be able to get what you want by implementing a Handler and
adding it to the chain. I use Axis 1.2, so maybe it's a little out of
date, but in the ~.wsdd file you can configure handler objects that are
executed in sequence whenever a request comes in. There are a couple of
places, the 'requestFlow' and 'responseFlow' sections seem likely.

Chris

I sent this on Saturday but I'm pretty sure it didn't make it through to
the list.  I'm sorry if this is a repeat post.

Posted by fat suze <fa...@gmail.com>.