Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com> on 2004/09/13 16:17:32 UTC

Re: Tapestry & JDK 1.5

No plans for it; in fact, we're pretty committed to extending support
for JDK 1.3 for at least another release. We're very conservative!

Some of the annotation stuff would be very nice; it would provide
alternatives to much of what goes into a page specification. However,
some things will always be eaiser using a page spec, and in Tapestry
the page specification drives the show (it is parsed first, and the
Java class determined from the spec).

On Mon, 13 Sep 2004 15:34:43 +0200, ashton.hepburn@bsg.co.za
<as...@bsg.co.za> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> How ready is Tapestry for the 1.5 JDK?
>
> I've taken a search through the websitwe/mailing list, but that didn't
> really turn anything up...
>
> For us using the 1.5 JDK would bring some significant benefits (I'm
> especially keen on decent enums and generics)...The rest of our environment
> is pretty much ready and waiting to switch (or already has) - TomCat,
> IntelliJ, JDOGenie, and the 1.5 JKd has also hit RC1
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Ashton

> Business Systems Group (Africa)
>
> Cape Town
> Tel: +27 21 418 0888
> Fax: +27 21 418 0999
>
> Johannesburg
> Tel: +27 11 215 6666
> Fax: +27 11 215 6600
>
> Visit our website at http://www.bsg.co.za
>
> Disclaimer:
> This e-mail (and any attachments) is for the designated recipient(s)only
> and may contain privileged and/or confidential information. If you have
> received this message in error please notify the sender immediately by
> e-mail or contact info@bsg.co.za and delete this e-mail from your system.
> E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as
> information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late
> or incomplete, or contain viruses. BSG (Africa) therefore does not accept
> liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message.

Howard M. Lewis Ship
Creator, Jakarta Tapestry
Creator, Jakarta HiveMind
http://howardlewisship.com