Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by no spam <pe...@yahoo.com> on 2007/05/02 02:58:15 UTC

what is "extraElement"?

ok, here is a simpler question than my previous ones:

 what is the purpose of the "extraElement" in all the generated Java code?  I have not been able to find Word One of documentation anywhere on this.  I did get a "extra element cannot be null" exception in some code that I ran as an experiment, so obviously it must do something.

Bob

http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: what is "extraElement"?

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
if your schema has xsd:any or similar construct, we generate code for
attaching extra elements. You are supposed to construct OMElement's
and call the setter for sending data and on the other side you can use
the getter for the extra element to get the extra data corresponding
to the schema construct.

-- dims