Posted to ruleqa@spamassassin.apache.org by Cron <no...@spamassassin.apache.org> on 2017/06/04 02:36:43 UTC

[auto] mkupdate-with-scores return code 2

Exit Status 2 is not zero for mkupdate-with-scores

Re: [auto] mkupdate-with-scores return code 2

Posted by Dave Jones <da...@apache.org>.
On 06/04/2017 11:06 AM, John Brooks wrote:
> On 2017-06-03 10:36 PM, Cron wrote:
>> Exit Status 2 is not zero for mkupdate-with-scores
>
> What does this mean?

I checked this earlier when I saw it and it's a general error that has
to be tracked down in another log file.  In this case, it's happening
because I have a hold on the DNS updates until I can get a few other
people to verify the rules (REV.tar.gz) that have been generating for
the past few days look good.  Since I am relatively new to all of this I
want to be extra cautious to not publish an update for sa-update that
breaks SA installs all around the world.

P.S. When I get the basics covered on the server rebuild, I would like
to go back and rewrite these scripts to do proper levels of logging and
output so we don't have to guess as to what "Exit Status 2" means which
could be from any step in the processing in the current scripts.

Dave

Re: [auto] mkupdate-with-scores return code 2

Posted by John Brooks <jo...@fastquake.com>.