Posted to user@lucenenet.apache.org by Philip Withington <ph...@gmail.com> on 2011/03/08 18:35:26 UTC

[Lucene.Net] Scoring with coord problem

Hi all

I noticed a small problem today with the ordering of results in my
lucene.net 2.9.2.2 application.  I went to check this out using Luke, and
for the same query, results *were *returned in the order I expected.  I had
a look at the explain information for the query and the only difference
between Luke and my application was the coord factor being applied to the
total score.  For a query of 4 terms (the word shutter in 4 different
fields), the output for a document scoring too highly was:

{3.759847 = (MATCH) sum of:
  2.072256 = (MATCH) weight(Title:shutter in 17340), product of:
  0.2624871 = (MATCH) weight(Meta:shutter in 17340), product of:
  1.425103 = (MATCH) weight(Text:shutter in 17340), product of:

In Luke, this score was then multiplied by a coord of 0.75 to give a score
of 2.8199 (much nicer).

So I had a bit of a dig around and found there is a disableCoord option when
constructing a BooleanQuery.  I made sure this was set to false and tried
again.  Still no luck.

Many thanks
Phil