Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by Stephen Paulsen <St...@synergex.com> on 2000/08/21 20:27:31 UTC

Java-to-MS service how to

I've got Java Soap 1.2 on Apache 1.3.12 on Win NT also, but I
have to write some SOAP clients that will also work when calling
against an MS IIS SOAP server. There are several problems with
compatibility including, for example, the Java SOAPHTTPConnection
puts quotes (") around the action which the MS implementation
doesn't like.

I've coded around most of these, but my co-developer (an MS proponent)
says the previous requirement that the response tag for <Foo> must
be <FooResponse> now allows the suffix "Response" to be defined - so
what I'm getting is <FooResult> which gives me a fault on the client
end -- "Element name must end with 'Response'"

I've not found any clear docs one way or the other. Can anyone
clear this up?  I'm also looking for a doc listing the changes
from SOAP 1.0 to SOAP 1.1 (I keep finding 0.9 vs 1.0 docs)

Thanks,
  Stephen

Re: Java-to-MS service how to

Posted by George I Matkovits <ma...@uswest.net>.
I have similar problems with compatibility and no solution (yet). Good
luck....
I hope to have SOAP +Tomcat + IIS working  sometime later this week as
part of my SSL-Soap testing effort but that does not help with the XML
compatibility issue. I also live in a 'mixed'  environemnt and somehow we
will have to make it work! (-:
Regards - George

Re: Java-to-MS service how to

Posted by George I Matkovits <ma...@uswest.net>.