Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Raheel Hasan <ra...@gmail.com> on 2013/09/13 14:15:41 UTC

what does "UnInvertedField; UnInverted multi-valued field" means and how to fix it

Hi guyz,

I have an issue here in between Solr Core and Data Indexing:

When I build some index from fresh setup, everything is fine: all queries
and additional/update indexing, everything runs is fine. But when I reload
the Core, the solr stops from that point onward forever.

All i get is this line as the last line of the solr log after the issue as
occurred:

UnInvertedField; UnInverted multi-valued field
{field=prod_cited_id,memSize=4880,tindexSize=40,time=4,phase1=4,nTerms=35,bigTerms=4,termInstances=36,uses=0}

Furthermore, the only way to get things working again, would be to delete
the "data" folder inside "solr/{myCore}/"...

So can anyone help me beat this issue and get things working again? I cant
afford this issue when the system is LIVE..

Thanks a lot.

Raheel Hasan

Re: what does "UnInvertedField; UnInverted multi-valued field" means and how to fix it

Posted by Raheel Hasan <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hay, thanks for the reply.

So after a full day spent only on trying to figure this out, I have found
the cause (spellcheck component)... but not the solution.

Se my other post with the subject "*spellcheck causing Core Reload to hang*".
I have explained it there.

Thanks a lot.

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.