Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Sandor Feher <sf...@bluesystem.hu> on 2015/04/22 09:58:36 UTC

Simple message solution Wicket-Spring combined application

Hi,

I'm looking for a simple and feasible message sending solution for my
application.
The main goal is that components (both wicket and spring) should be send
messages if a specific event occurs to users.
The message will be displayed at top of the page with help
AjaxSelfUpdatingBehaviour.
Spring messages are system wide. (Eg. all users should be notified) while
wicket ones can be session wide.
Wicket's event mechanism can be fine but my Spring based web service does
not know anything about wicket sessions (and should not of course).
I can do it via database table but I will cause overhead because of two
seconds refresh time I set in AjaxSelfUpdatingBehaviour.
So I'm looking for a more lightweight approach.

Thanks!

Regards., Sandor

Re: Simple message solution Wicket-Spring combined application

Posted by Sandor Feher <sf...@bluesystem.hu>.
Hi Martin,

Thanks! That's it I was looking for. I use spring beans I inject to wicket
context so it should be trivial choice to me but I did not keep it in my
mind.

Posted by Sandor Feher <sf...@bluesystem.hu>.
Hi Sebastien,

It would worth a try but session scoped spring bean will fulfill all my
needs right know.
Thank you anyway!

Posted by Sebastien <se...@gmail.com>.
Hi

If you are looking for another approach, you can give a try to native
websockets.

In the java sample below, the business tier is triggering a listener event,
which received by the web tier, which sends the websocket message.
Client side, the page is registered to the websocket by a Behavior. When a
message arrives, it is displayed.
The scope of the websocket message broadcast can be controlled IIRC
(Session, Application).

Wiki:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/WICKET/Wicket+Native+WebSockets

Sample (scala)