Posted to history@apache.org by Daniel Boos <bo...@trash.net> on 2003/06/19 11:02:50 UTC

Releases and Release Managers of the 1.3 or 2.x Series

Hi,

i just started to make a list the releases of the 1.3 and 2.x Series. I saw
that there is an xml-file with a list of severel releases from the 0.x,1.1,
1.2, releases. Mine is made with Open Office, but I think in the future I
could change it to the proposed XML Format.

I have a question about how to find out the release manager. At the moment I
looked who did the announcement and took this person as a release manager. Is
that correct or how do I know who is the actual release manager?

HTML:
http://www.trash.net/users/boos/tmp/apache/release_manager.html

Open Office (Calc):
http://www.trash.net/users/boos/tmp/apache/release_manager.sxc

CSV:
http://www.trash.net/users/boos/tmp/apache/release_manager_1_3.csv
http://www.trash.net/users/boos/tmp/apache/release_manager_2_0.csv

I think that I am going to calculate the time between the releases and maybe
analyse several other parts.

An other interesting point would be the size of the source code. At the moment
there are online ziped version online. Is it possible to get the size of each
release without downloading it?

Any other ideas?

Is it maybe possible to ask some questions to several developpers? How should
I proceed?

regards
daniel