Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Scott Jones <sc...@izio.com> on 2000/10/11 18:57:35 UTC

Newbie - FOP PDF not opening in IE5

Hello,

I just got everything set up yesterday for Cocoon and FOP running on Tomcat
(on Linux), and it is all working very nicely -- Congratulations to everyone
for building such a cool tool!

I built a little test XML file, and a little XSL file that uses FOP to
generate the PDF.  When I browse the XML file in Netscape, it opens directly
into Adobe Acrobat, and looks perfect.  However, when I browse the file in
IE 5, it tries to open it as an XML file, and shows nothing...  (it can save
a link to the XML file appropriately as a PDF).  Is there some setting on my
server that I need to change in order to make IE 5 recognize that it is a
PDF file?

Thanks for any suggestions that anyone might have.

Sincerely,

Scott Jones