Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jim Urban <ju...@parkcitysolutions.com> on 2002/09/03 20:31:08 UTC

Failover and Sessions

We have a client who is interested in running a cluster of Tomcat servers.
Since our applications are mission critical healthcare systems, one of the
primary concerns is fail over. We need to set up Tomcat to handle this
scenario:
A user logs on to server A and establishes session.
User uses the application accessing server A.
Server A has a catastrophic failure and dies (or some idiot unplugs it).
User access application and is routed to server B which then has the user’s
session from server A.

I’m think this is what the DistributedManager was intended to accommodate.
However, other then finding the JavaDoc for this class I can’t find any
information on how to configure and use this manager.  Can some one please
point me to some documentation and if possible, a sample of the
configuration file (server.xml?)?

Thanks,
Jim