Posted to apreq-dev@httpd.apache.org by David Wheeler <da...@kineticode.com> on 2003/10/24 03:20:56 UTC

MM Patch

Hi All,

I was just building apreq 1.3 on a new box with Perl 5.8.1, and ran
into a problem:

[Thu Oct 23 21:09:30 2003] [error] Undefined subroutine
&TestApReq::big_input::handler
  called.

Fortunately, a little Googling led me to the answer:

   http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=apreq-dev&m=105965131008577&w=2

Looking in CVS, it doesn't look like this patch has been applied yet.
Does this mean that the current version of apreq is broken for Perl
5.8.1 until the patch gets applied and 1.4 is released?

Thanks,

David

http://www.kineticode.com/                     Yahoo!: dew7e
                                                Jabber: Theory@jabber.org

Re: MM Patch

Posted by Joe Schaefer <jo...@sunstarsys.com>.
David Wheeler <da...@kineticode.com> writes:

> On Friday, October 24, 2003, at 08:43  AM, David Wheeler wrote:
>
> > I'll take a look at this today.
>
> Hrm. How do I create a new distribution from the CVS checkout?

% head RELEASE
Instructions for the httpd-apreq Release Manager (RM)

1. Prep the package for CPAN by running:

        % sh BUILD.sh
        % perl Makefile.PL
        % make dist

   This will generate a libapreq-1.X.tar.gz candidate in the
   current directory.   You should keep this source tree

If your auto* utils are different from mine, you may
need to adjust MANIFEST.

--
Joe Schaefer

Re: MM Patch

Posted by David Wheeler <da...@kineticode.com>.
On Friday, October 24, 2003, at 08:43  AM, David Wheeler wrote:

> I'll take a look at this today.

Hrm. How do I create a new distribution from the CVS checkout? `make
dist` doesn't seem to work:

mercury% perl Makefile.PL
     generating script t/TEST
Checking if your kit is complete...
Warning: the following files are missing in your kit:
         aclocal.m4
         autom4te-2.53.cache/output.0
         autom4te-2.53.cache/requests
         autom4te-2.53.cache/traces.0
         c/Makefile.in
         config.guess
         config.sub
         configure
         depcomp
         ltmain.sh
         Makefile.in
         META.yml
         missing
Please inform the author.
Writing Makefile for libapreq
mkdir ../blib
mkdir ../blib/arch
mkdir ../blib/arch/auto
mkdir ../blib/arch/auto/libapreq
Writing Makefile for Apache::Request
Writing Makefile for Apache::Cookie
Writing Makefile for libapreq
mercury% make dist
rm -rf libapreq-1.3
/usr/bin/perl "-MExtUtils::Manifest=manicopy,maniread" \
         -e "manicopy(maniread(),'libapreq-1.3', 'best');"
mkdir libapreq-1.3
mkdir libapreq-1.3/t
mkdir libapreq-1.3/t/response
mkdir libapreq-1.3/t/response/TestApReq
mkdir libapreq-1.3/patches
-e: missing not found at -e line 1
Can't read missing: No such file or directory
make: *** [distdir] Error 2

Re: MM Patch

Posted by David Wheeler <da...@kineticode.com>.
On Thursday, October 23, 2003, at 10:04  PM, Joe Schaefer wrote:

> I hope not, since this problem was the main reason for 1.3.
> I applied Michael Schwern's patch instead of Stas' since I was
> concerned that Stas' patch would break picky platforms like OSX,
> whereas Michael's patch shouldn't have.

Hrm. What was Michael's patch? I was installing on RedHat 9, not OS X.

> OTOH empirical evidence speaks much louder than idle speculation.
> If you're willing to speak on the veracity of Stas' patch for
> OSX for 5.8.*, I have no objections to seeing it applied to cvs.
> Platform details would come in handy, since we've had trouble
> reproducing these build bugs in the past (especially if you have
> some libapreq.so's floating around from old "configure" installs-
> running "ldd" on the failing Request.so's might help us figure out
> which libraries are being linked in).

I'll take a look at this today.

Re: MM Patch

Posted by Joe Schaefer <jo...@sunstarsys.com>.