Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Daniel Kreling <dk...@redhat.com> on 2019/09/20 11:01:16 UTC

Final tag for commons-io-2.6

Hi

I am looking for the final tag for commons-io version 2.6 and I have
not been able to find it [0]. The last one I can see is the
commons-io-2.6-RC3, released in Oct 2017, which I assume to be the
final one.

Is there a "Final" tag for commons-io, or one which I can explicitly
tell it's the final one?
If not, is it possible for you to create one, please?

[0] https://github.com/apache/commons-io/releases

Thanks,
Daniel

Re: Final tag for commons-io-2.6

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Sep 25, 2019 at 12:24 PM Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> There's also the fact that release tags are supposed to go inside rel/
> or wherever to make them immutable.

Exactly, which is what I said earlier "...then we should create a tag
called  rel/commons-io-2.6...".

;-)

Gary

Posted by Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>.

--
Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>

Re: Final tag for commons-io-2.6

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Roberto Oliveira <rg...@redhat.com>.
On Wed, Sep 25, 2019 at 12:31 PM sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 25 Sep 2019 at 07:41, Daniel Kreling <dk...@redhat.com> wrote:
> >
> > We need to build the package from source
>
> In which case you should be using the formal release package.
>
> > and we need to know precisely
> > where the development ended.
>
> What do you mean by that?
He means that if he wants to build version 2.6 from source he doesn't
know from where he should build.
Can you or someone confirm the version 2.6 was built from tag
"commons-io-2.6-RC3" ?

> > Thanks,
> > Daniel
> >
> > On Tue, Sep 24, 2019 at 6:52 PM sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Might I ask why the tag is so important?
> > >
> > > If you are looking to download the source, then that is available from
> > > the usual download page:
> > >
> > > https://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-io/download_io.cgi

Roberto Oliveira

Re: Final tag for commons-io-2.6

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Daniel Kreling <dk...@redhat.com>.
We need to build the package from source and we need to know precisely

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Roberto Oliveira <rg...@redhat.com>.
Hi Gary,

Thanks for looking at it. Is there any update?

On Fri, Sep 20, 2019 at 2:10 PM Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Looking...
>
> On Fri, Sep 20, 2019 at 7:32 AM Daniel Kreling <dk...@redhat.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi
>>
>> I am looking for the final tag for commons-io version 2.6 and I have
>> not been able to find it [0]. The last one I can see is the
>> commons-io-2.6-RC3, released in Oct 2017, which I assume to be the
>> final one.
>>
>> Is there a "Final" tag for commons-io, or one which I can explicitly
>> tell it's the final one?
>> If not, is it possible for you to create one, please?
>>
>> [0] https://github.com/apache/commons-io/releases
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Daniel

Roberto Oliveira