Posted to general@hadoop.apache.org by Konstantin Shvachko <sh...@gmail.com> on 2010/11/03 06:43:30 UTC

Re: Hadoop code reviews on ReviewBoard?

It looks very hard to follow.
I have really hard time matching jira and review board comments.
Especially when they interleave.
Why again do we need a second system for tracking issues?
--Konstantin

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.
Hey Eli.

the explanation is right on the money except that other Konstantin was asking ;)

Cos

Posted by Eli Collins <el...@cloudera.com>.
On Wed, Nov 3, 2010 at 11:15 PM, Konstantin Shvachko
<sh...@gmail.com> wrote:
>  > I think the idea is to have issue/design-level discussion on jira and
> code-level discussion on RB.
>
> This is exactly my question. Why do we need two places to have the same
> discussion?
> Even if the comments are automatically replicated in jira and/or vice versa.
> Why not choose one and stick with it?

For a lot of jiras issue level discussion (what's the problem? how
should we solve it?) is very different from code level discussion
(does this code do what we claim it should? Is it sufficient to be
checked in?).

Thanks,
Eli

Posted by Arun C Murthy <ac...@yahoo-inc.com>.
Konst,

  Todd has volunteered to get RB to send msgs directly to jira, that
should help...

Arun

Posted by Konstantin Shvachko <sh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alejandro Abdelnur <tu...@cloudera.com>.