Posted to user-java@ibatis.apache.org by mimy17 <ni...@hotmail.com> on 2008/07/10 10:16:28 UTC

Using flat files instead of a relational database

Hello,

I know when you're not using a relational databases, you can use JDBC
drivers for flat files (CSV).
Is there someone who already do that and can give me an exemple ?

What is different in the config files excluding the URL and the class of the
driver

Many thanks

RE: Using flat files instead of a relational database

Posted by "Shannon, Bryan" <BS...@Tribune.com>.
We've used the HXTT drivers for clipper (dbase) files in the past... You
just use that as your Datasource.  The difference the usage is the
"simulated" sql that the driver provides to you.  There was nothing
different in the configuration; just specify the correct URL and the
correct driver name and have the driver in the classpath.

I've also seen someone use the jdbc-odbc bridge on an excel spreadsheet
with ibatis... As long as you follow the sql syntax in the maps that the
driver implements, you'll be fine.  I'm sure there's a plethora of csv
jdbc drivers out there.
Hope this helps.

-Bryan Shannnon