Posted to user@arrow.apache.org by emorgan <em...@ccri.com> on 2020/05/28 13:28:38 UTC

Arrow release schedule

Hi all,

I have a quick question about the release plan for Arrow (and
specifically pyarrow). I'm trying to use some functionality that was
added post-0.17.1 (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ARROW-8742) and
am having a hard time installing from the nightlies. When is the next
release of Arrow scheduled for that ARROW-8742 would be included in?

Thanks,
Edward

Re: Arrow release schedule

Posted by Wes McKinney <we...@gmail.com>.
hi Edward,

The prior discussions suggest that the next major release will be in early July.

Note, you can easily build your own Python wheels for Linux by using
the manylinux1 Docker scripts

https://github.com/apache/arrow/tree/master/python/manylinux1

For testing and development purposes, nightly conda packages can be
installed on all platforms with "conda install -c arrow-nightlies
pyarrow", but keep in mind that these packages are not releases. If
you have a problem with these development packages please let us know
what is happening.

- Wes