Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by DerBernd <be...@web.de> on 2010/06/04 11:05:39 UTC

Re: drag and drop

Thank you for your help.
So I solved it by using repeaters "RepeatingView".
On DropEvent I add the droppedComponent to the repeating view and update the
page.
I also had to set wantOnDragStartNotification(false),
wantOnDragStopNotification(false), otherwise the dropped Component was not
found on page - don't know really why

RE: AW: drag and drop

Posted by Ramona <vi...@hotmail.com>.
HI all!
I'm trying to use wicket with html5 for drag and drop multiple files but i
haven't found the way to communicate the javascript of html (the one that
representates drag & drop: ) with wicket in each upload.
Let's say that i have a page where i can drop files and for each file that a
drop i have to add a new component to the page (like a panel) that will show
information about the file that is being upload.
I have html code for the page (wich includes javascript for doing the drag &
drop) but in each drop that is detected in that javascript i have to start
uploading the file and adding the components as i said before.
My problem is that i don't know where exactly do this connection.
I can't use other libraries just wicket, hmtl5 .
I'm just looking for new ideas, i have being using list views for the upload
so that in each populate i can add it the panel but i stil don't know hoy to
connect things.
Thanks a lot!
Regards,
Ramona.

RE: AW: drag and drop

Posted by Stefan Lindner <li...@visionet.de>.
This is a question for jQuery-UI mailing lists. It's independent from the jWicket implementation.

AW: drag and drop

Posted by Stefan Lindner <li...@visionet.de>.
.iterator()

Stefan

little question at this point. How do I get the child-components of an
RepeatingView. Isn't there any kind of Collection?

Re: drag and drop

Posted by DerBernd <be...@web.de>.
Hi,

Re: drag and drop

Posted by Istvan Jozsa <jo...@gmail.com>.
My seqnums are persistently stored,
when items are retrieved so the seqnum.
I used models to pass and get item data:

@Override
public void populateItem(final Item<ItemData> item) {
    final ItemData itemData = item.getModelObject();
    item.add(new MyLink("title", new DraggableModel<ItemData>(itemData) {
        @Override
        public String getObject() {
            return itemData.getTitle();
        }
        @Override
        public DraggableModel<?> onDrop(AjaxRequestTarget target,
DroppableModel<?> droppableModel) {
            // check where the item was dropped (my items can be dropped in
more containers)
            if (droppableModel.getType() == Droppable.RESEQUENCER) {
                // clip D&D-ed into clip seqnum updater
                Integer newSeqnum = (Integer) (droppableModel.getMobject());
                if (newSeqnum.equals(itemData.getSeqnum())) {
                    return null;
                }
                // update your data in persistent store
                return null;
            } // else (if any)
        }
    }
    add(new DraggableBehavior() {
        {
            setName(Draggable.PRODUCT.name());
            setRevert(DraggableBehavior.DragRevertMode.ALWAYS);
            setRevertDuration(0);
            setHelper(DragHelperMode.CLONE);
            setOpacity(Opacity.LOW);
        }
    });
    add(new DroppableBehavior() {
        {
            setHoverClass("resequencerHover");
            setTolerance(DropTolerance.POINTER);
            setDraggablesAcceptedByDroppable(new
DraggablesAcceptedByDroppable(Draggable.PRODUCT.name()));
        }
        @Override
        protected void onDrop(AjaxRequestTarget target, final Component
component, final SpecialKeys keys) {
            DraggableModel<ItemData> model = (DraggableModel<ItemData>)
component.getDefaultModel();
            // the container invokes the onDrop() callback of item, passing
container's data, so that
            // the item can figure out where was dropped
            model.onDrop(target, new
DroppableModel<Integer>(Droppable.RESEQUENCER, itemData.getSeqnum()));
        }
    });
    add(new AttributeAppender("class", true, new
AbstractReadOnlyModel<String>() {
        @Override
        public String getObject() {
            return "resequencer";
        }
    }, " "));
}
public abstract class DraggableModel<T> extends
AbstractReadOnlyModel<String> {
    protected Draggable type;
    protected T mobject;
    public DraggableModel(Draggable type) {
        this.type = type;
    }
    public DraggableModel(T object) {
        this.mobject = object;
    }
    public DraggableModel(Draggable type, T object) {
        this.type = type;
        this.mobject = object;
    }
    public final T getMobject() {
        return mobject;
    }
    public Draggable getType() {
        return type;
    }
    @Override
    public String getObject() {
        return null;
    }
    /**
     * Callback, invoked by 'droppable' when it accepts this draggable.
     * Implementers should call droppable's onDrop() if droppable is not
null.
     * @param target
     * @param droppableModel
     * @return
     */
    public abstract DraggableModel<?> onDrop(AjaxRequestTarget target,
            DroppableModel<?> droppableModel);
}
public class DroppableModel<T> extends AbstractReadOnlyModel<String> {
    protected Droppable type;
    protected T mobject;
    public DroppableModel(Droppable type) {
        this.type = type;
    }
    public DroppableModel(T object) {
        this.mobject = object;
    }
    public DroppableModel(Droppable type, T object) {
        this.type = type;
        this.mobject = object;
    }
    public DroppableModel() {
        throw new UnsupportedOperationException("Type required");
    }
    public final T getMobject() {
        return mobject;
    }
    public Droppable getType() {
        return type;
    }
    @Override
    public String getObject() {
        return null;
    }
    /**
     * Callback, invoked by 'draggable' after this droppable invoked
draggable's onDrop().
     * Implementers should call draggable's onDrop() if draggable is not
null.
     * @param target
     * @param draggableModel
     * @return
     */
    public DroppableModel<?> onDrop(AjaxRequestTarget target,
DraggableModel<?> draggableModel) {
        return null;
    }
}
public enum Droppable {
    TRASH, RESEQUENCER /* etc */;
}
public enum Draggable {
    PRODUCT, USER /* etc */;
}

Hoping that copy&paste&adjustments are OK,

Istvan

Re: drag and drop

Posted by DerBernd <be...@web.de>.
Ok,
I think I understood, but how do you get the seqnum?

Re: drag and drop

Posted by Istvan Jozsa <jo...@gmail.com>.
You can implement by adding DraggableBehavior *and* DroppableBehavior to
each item,
something like this:

add(new DraggableBehavior() {
    {
        setName("someName");
        setRevert(DraggableBehavior.DragRevertMode.ALWAYS);
        setRevertDuration(0);
        setHelper(DragHelperMode.CLONE);
        setOpacity(Opacity.LOW);
    }
});
add(new DroppableBehavior() {
    {//{
        setHoverClass("resequencerHover");
        setTolerance(DropTolerance.POINTER);
        setDraggablesAcceptedByDroppable(new
DraggablesAcceptedByDroppable("someName"));
    }//}
    @Override
    protected void onDrop(AjaxRequestTarget target, final Component
component, final SpecialKeys keys) {
        // get seqnum (sequence number)
        // if source and target seqnum are the same then ignore
        // update data (maybe even in persistent store, AKA database)
        // refresh container containing your list
(target.addComponent(listContainer);)
    }
});
add(new AttributeAppender("class", true, new AbstractReadOnlyModel<String>()
{
    @Override
    public String getObject() {
        return "resequencer";
    }
}, " "));

CSS:
.resequencer {
    border-top: 3px solid transparent;
}
.resequencerHover {
    border-top: 3px solid #000000;
}

This is just the rough idea (my case is more complicated).

Istvan (aka Stefan)

RE: drag and drop

RE: drag and drop

Posted by DerBernd <be...@web.de>.
Ok, thank you,
good to know. At the moment I don't need to watch the dragStop or DragStart
Event. So I can leave it as it is.

RE: drag and drop

Posted by Stefan Lindner <li...@visionet.de>.
This is a general Ajax problem. The ajax calls fired by the jQuery handlers dragStart/drag/dragEnd are not sychronized with each other. So it may happen that the onDrop event of the droppable is fired BEFORE the dragEnd.
In the onDrop method you replace the dragged component wit a new one (redrawing your repeaters).
Then, afterwards, the dragStop event occurs and your component no longer exists.
If you really need to watch teh dragStop in addition to the onDrop, you need to synchronize your actions. This means you have to wait for the onDrop response BEFORE you redraw you components or in othe rwords: move the onDrop code to the onDragEnd.

Sorry, but this is a general problem that can't be fixed in jWicket.

Stefan

Re: AW: drag and drop

Posted by DerBernd <be...@web.de>.
Thank you setRawOptions("handle: 'h2'"); works great, just want I was
searching for!!!

Bernd

AW: drag and drop

Posted by Stefan Lindner <li...@visionet.de>.
Look into the original jQuery docs for draggable and set any options that are not implementet now with

	setRawOptions("handle: 'h2'");

This should do the trick. If you have any suggestion for implementing a

	setHandle(???)

method that doesn't simple have a String parameter, please let me know.

Stefan

RE: drag and drop

Posted by Stefan Lindner <li...@visionet.de>.
Could you provide a small testcase? I'm using d&d very intensive in a calendar app and never had any problems with this.

Stefan

RE: drag and drop

Posted by Stefan Lindner <li...@visionet.de>.
The default value for both is false! The code:

	private boolean onDragStartNotificationWanted = false;
	/**
	 * If set to {@code true}, the callback-Method {@link #onDragStart(AjaxRequestTarget,SpecialKeys)}
	 * is called when the drag operation starts.
	 * @param value {@code true} or {@code false}.
	 * @return this object
	 */
	public DraggableBehavior setWantOnDragStartNotification(final boolean value) {
		onDragStartNotificationWanted = value;
		return this;
	}

So I can't see any side effect of calling

	wantOnDragStartNotification(false);

There must be some other strange situation.

Stefan