Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Arjo Post <ar...@hccnet.nl> on 2002/08/28 11:20:53 UTC

[users@httpd] ASP on Apache for Windows XP Home

BlankHi,

Is there someone who can help me getting started using ASP and Apache on a laptop with Windows XP Home Edition?

thnx.

Re: [users@httpd] ASP on Apache for Windows XP Home

Posted by Jeff White <jl...@earthlink.net>.

> Is there someone who can help me
> getting started using ASP and Apache
> on a laptop with Windows XP Home Edition?

Not really, guess one could come close with
a lot of time and much coding.

But Windows Scripting, using VBScript or
JScript or whatever language you write to
work with cscript.exe will run using the default,
no changes, of Apache for Windows.

For CGI any language can be used, try this:

#!cscript.exe //nologo path\to\file.vbs

HOWTO: Use Windows Script Host Scripts as CGI Scripts
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q221081

> I'll give the short explanation, and my humble opinion:
> - unistall Apache
> - install IIS
> ready :)

Nice try.

INFO: Personal Web Server Is Not Included with Windows XP Home Edition
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;Q304197

> It'd be nice if Microsoft moved IIS' ASP
> rendering out into a module that
> Apache on Windows could call into.
>  For that very reason, I suspect
> we won't see it any time soon :)

The how-to add scripting usage to programs
is available on MSDN, so start writing "The Mod".

Start by learning Windows Scripting usage
with Apache web server and then add your
new mod scripting Apache functions.

Or just use the many .NET ways.

Jeff

Re: [users@httpd] ASP on Apache for Windows XP Home