Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by "David G." <da...@gmail.com> on 2014/06/02 01:24:12 UTC

[Oak] XPathToSQL2Converter no exported

Im looking for a XpathToSQL2 converter for use on an Oak project.

I saw this exists as a “public” API, org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.query.xpath.XPathToSQL2Converter, but I can’t find any Oak OSGi bundles that expose it (..query.xpath). Is this intentional?

Im looking for a way to invoke a EXPLAIN on an xpath query; The simplest way seems to convert to SQL2, and invoke on that - however the lack of xpath to sql2 conversion tooling is making this difficult.

Thanks
--
David Gonzalez

Re: [Oak] XPathToSQL2Converter no exported

Posted by Thomas Mueller <mu...@adobe.com>.
Hi,

> Is this intentional?

Well, you should not (need to) use it directly within your application.

With Oak, you can also use "explain" with XPath queries, using the (yet
undocumented, sorry) feature:

    explain //*

As soon as I have time, I will document it as part of OAK-1868.

Regards,
Thomas