Posted to users@maven.apache.org by houzecl <ch...@etat.ge.ch> on 2009/02/17 14:01:01 UTC

deploy: any way to check that an artifact has been already deployed ?

Hi all,

Maven allows us to release artifacts properly with the release plugin.

However, nothing prevents to use the deploy plugin directly (and several
times)  on the same project with version x.y.z (I am not talking of
x.y.z-SNAPSHOT)

Is there any configuration that could be used for the deploy plugin to warn
the user if the artefact already exists on the target repository ?

Thanks,

Christian-Luc

Re: deploy: any way to check that an artifact has been already deployed ?

Posted by Merv Green <Pa...@gmail.com>.
The only way I know is to configure your repository manager. For
example, see the Nexus FAQ,
https://docs.sonatype.com/display/NX/Nexus+FAQ