Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Josh Holtzman <jh...@americandatacompany.com> on 2004/04/19 22:20:43 UTC

JSTL vs Struts-el

Hello all,

Would someone be willing to elaborate on why I might want to use Struts-el
rather than JSTL?

Are these alternative technologies, or complimentary?

If I begin using JSTL with my current struts application will I need to
change any of the syntax in my current struts tags?

I've been reading up online and would like some firsthand suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Josh Holtzman

American Data Company

jholtzman@americandatacompany.com

Voice: (310) 470-1257

Fax:    (310) 362-8454

Sun Microsystems iForce Partner

Re: JSTL vs Struts-el

Posted by Bill Siggelkow <bi...@bellsouth.net>.
Josh Holtzman wrote:

> Would someone be willing to elaborate on why I might want to use Struts-el
> rather than JSTL?
> Are these alternative technologies, or complimentary?

They are complimentary technologies.  There is little overlap.
struts-el enables Struts tags that do not have JSTL equivalents to be
able to understand JSP EL (expression language).