Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Ashish Kulkarni <ku...@yahoo.com> on 2004/12/08 21:23:44 UTC

file parameter in XML configuration file

Hi
I am using log4j in my web application, i use
DOMConfigurator to configure the log4j properties,
i have a initialization servlet which has the
following command
DOMConfigurator.configure(path); where path is path to
configuration.xml file,
in this configuration.xml file i have file parameter
which points to output file like below
<param name="File" value="C:\\logfolder\\log4jXml.xml"
/>

The problem is, if this logfolder does not exist then
i get error,
is it possible to name this file name so i dont have
to give full path, but some relative path,
for exmple my configuration.xml file is in WEB-INF
folder of my web application, to have a folder called
log in WEB-INF file and say some thing like
<param name="File" value="./log/log4jXml.xml" />
where . is for WEB-INF file
Ashish

=====
A$HI$H