Posted to user@pig.apache.org by "Leach, David" <Da...@cable.comcast.com> on 2012/08/31 19:13:07 UTC

can't get pig to run under CDH4

I have a similar problem as this saw the below response.

I was wondering if you could send me the pig-withouthadoop.jar that includes PIG-2115.

Also, I sest the zookeeper.quorum in /etc/pig/conf/pig.properties.  I don't have the conf under /usr/lib.

Thanks.

Dave

++++++++++++++++++++

Hi Hari,

This is a known issue with Pig 0.9.2. Here is how you can fix it:
1) Rebuild your pig-withouthadoop.jar with the patch for PIG-2115.
2) Set "hbase.zookeeper.quorum" to "node1:2181" in
/usr/lib/pig/conf/pig.properties.

Please let me know if you're running CDH4. I can send you
the pig-withouthadoop.jar that includes PIG-2115.

Thanks!
Cheolsoo

David B. Leach
Principal Engineer, OSS Tools Development and Integration
Comcast Enterprise Technology
183 Inverness Drive West
Suite 2E-351
Englewood, CO 80112

Phone:    720.267.1811
Fax:         720.268.8811
E-Mail     David_Leach@cable.comcast.com<ma...@cable.comcast.com>

This message and any attachments to it contain information exclusively for intended recipients. If you are not an intended recipient, please contact the sender to report the error and then delete all copies of this message from your system.

Re: can't get pig to run under CDH4

Posted by Cheolsoo Park <ch...@cloudera.com>.
Sure. I will send it to you.

Thanks,
Cheolsoo

Posted by "Aringunram, Ravi" <ra...@ebay.com>.
David - we are interested in understanding your problem.

Cindy - can you talk with David to understand his problem more.

Thanks
Ravi