Posted to dev@fineract.apache.org by "Michael E." <mi...@gmail.com> on 2019/07/15 22:57:53 UTC

Fineract-CN - Invalid system token - Can't assign identity service to tenant

Hello,

Over the past few days I've been trying to setup a Fineract-CN instance I
can test with. Since my machine doesn't have enough RAM I tried deploying
in Google Cloud Compute.

Initially I followed this tutorial:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FINERACT/How+To+Build+Apache+Fineract+CN

I got through everything and got demo-server working, but only in
lite-mode. Since I wanted to try out the rest of the services I tried
running the full version. After making sure I had enough RAM I tried the
full version and kept running into failures during provisioning. I think I
have it narrowed down to this error:

12:19:29.115 [qtp1825419935-15] INFO  o.a.f.c.l.c.ServiceExceptionFilter -
Responding with a service error ServiceError{code=409, message='The given
identity instance didnt recognize the system token as valid.  Perhaps the
system keys for the provisioner or for the identity manager are
misconfigured?'}
12:20:29.192 [qtp1825419935-16] WARN  provisioner-logger - The given
identity instance didn't recognize the system token as valid.
org.apache.fineract.cn.api.util.InvalidTokenException:
{"timestamp":1563193229188,"status":403,"error":"Forbidden","message":"Access
Denied","path":"/identity/v1/initialize"}

Since I couldn't figure out how to fix it, I decided to try running using
this docker-compose setup:
https://github.com/openMF/fineract-cn-containers

Unfortunately, during provisioning the exact same failure occurs. I tried
provisioning using the supplied script and manually sending the requests
via postman with a configuration I found here:
https://github.com/senacor/fineract-setup/tree/master/scripts/postman

As far as I can tell, the error occurs when assigning an identity service
to the new tenant, but I may be wrong as I just got into this project and
don't really understand the provisioning process.

I did find two previous threads discussing this issue but none of them seem
to reach a solution:
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/c89909c56c4b8e500a6802d0601b0dd0f868a64a73e609c7071d3812@%3Cdev.fineract.apache.org%3E

https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/c726cd1161e61096c65bc51a5afd5db18f1b4e60c6dcc3e8b2fb9c3a@%3Cdev.fineract.apache.org%3E

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Michael.

Re: Fineract-CN - Invalid system token - Can't assign identity service to tenant

Posted by Courage Angeh <co...@gmail.com>.
Hi Micael,

Thanks so much for the update.
I was only able to catch up with this now. The RSA key provisioning process
was updated in the Fineract CN microservices, I updated the script
accordingly but I forgot to merge the new updates. I haven't been able to
continue work on the code base 'cause I don't have the necessary cloud
resources.

All that put aside, I would recommend you make the PR to the Mifos
code-based, then the code can be migrated to apache.

Best Regards,
Courage.

Posted by "Michael E." <mi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Michael Vorburger <mi...@vorburger.ch>.