Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by Joe Gresock <jg...@gmail.com> on 2017/04/13 10:21:50 UTC

AWS processor credentials question

AWS-related devs (I'm looking at James Wing and Adam Lamar),

I just added [1] to propose allowing AWS processors to specify whether to
use anonymous credentials or to use the default AWS client credentials
provider chain.  The driver for this is that we would like to use EC2
instance profiles with the NiFi AWS processors, but this is not currently
possible because NiFi passes in AnonymousAWSCredentials to the AWS client
constructor if no credentials are explicitly configured in the processor.
If we use the DefaultAWSCredentialsProviderChain.getInstance(), I think it
would find our EC2 instance profile.

My question to you is how you'd like to see this implemented.  Shall we add
a property to AbstractAWSProcessor called "Allow Anonymous Credentials"?
Then in AbstractAWSProcessor.getCredentials(ProcessContext context), the
return statement could be:

return allowAnonymousCredentials
     ? new AnonymousAWSCredentials
     : DefaultAWSCredentialsProviderChain.getInstance();

I thought I'd ask here first, because I see many of the AWS methods marked
Deprecated, and I didn't want to start adding code if it was going to go
away soon.

Joe

whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want.  I can do

Re: AWS processor credentials question

Posted by Joe Gresock <jg...@gmail.com>.
Ah, yes, that will work!  I can't believe I missed that.  I'll close the
ticket and PR.

Posted by James Wing <jv...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Joe Gresock <jg...@gmail.com>.

Posted by James Wing <jv...@gmail.com>.