Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by David Delbecq <de...@oma.be> on 2006/04/14 09:39:20 UTC

changes in tomcat realms between 5.5.7 and 5.5.16?

Hello,

I have a webapp here which comes with it's own realms. It's working
prefectly in tomcat 5.5.7.
I deployed this application and copied the realm files
(common/lib/MyRealm-api.jar and server/lib/MyRealm-impl-1.0.jar) to a
new tomcat installation. I the deployed to webapp and tried to access a
secure area. To my surprise, it seems the user trying to access it is
identified ok (according to my realm logs, everything is ok), but gets a
refusal from tomcat. The exact same user and same .war (which includes a
context in META-INF/) has no problems with tomcat 5.5.7

What change in realm / identification management in tomcat could cause this?

Thanks for informations.