Posted to dev@accumulo.apache.org by Christopher <ct...@apache.org> on 2018/04/12 21:35:17 UTC

Old/dead feature branches cleanup

Devs,

Accumulo had 6 feature branches in our ASF-hosted git repository for
features "in-progress".

* I deleted ACCUMULO-4163 because it had already been merged.
* I deleted ACCUMULO-4399 because it was debugging code for a bug that had
already been fixed.
  (I did do a `git format-patch` to capture the single debugging commit,
and attached it to the ticket).

Three of the remaining ones are from SVN days for features that were
abandoned:

* ACCUMULO-652
* ACCUMULO-722
* ACCUMULO-CURATOR (for ACCUMULO-715)

For these, I'd like to squash them down to a single git-formatted patch
each, and attach them to their relevant tickets for posterity, and then
delete their working branches. I checked and there isn't any meaningful
interim log messages to make it worth keeping them unsquashed.

The final feature branch is called "IGNITE" and appears to be associated
with ACCUMULO-4463, which is already marked as fixed. If its contents have
already made it in as a finished feature, I'm inclined to just delete this
one, like I did for ACCUMULO-4163, but I'm not really sure what its status
is. I can also just squash and attach to JIRA, as I proposed for the other
3 remaining branches.

Re: Old/dead feature branches cleanup

Posted by Christopher <ct...@apache.org>.
I think since this never got a response after a year, I'm going to go
ahead and perform the proposed actions to archive these outdated
patches.