Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Ben Bookey <be...@gistec-online.de> on 2004/09/03 10:13:27 UTC

????? +++ problem saving &Euro symbol character to database from my JSP form using TC5

HI Nikola. et. al.,

thanks for your help. I "really" appreciate it !!

1. I have a Windows-1250 oracle database, and I am using TC 5. and jsp/html
pages
to perform updates/inserts. Despite using iso-8859-15 in my jsp/html, the
client
is still posting a ? (question mark symbol) instead of a Euro symbol.
Anybody know what is happening ?

2. If I do change our product database, from Windows-1250 to UTF-8, how will
this affect existing applications I wonder writing to the database using
Windows-1250 or iso-8859-1.
I guess because utf-8 is backward compatable it should not affect the
existing apps. making
updates or inserts?

Would appreciate any help !

thanks