Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Matthew Langham <ml...@s-und-n.de> on 2002/06/19 12:34:03 UTC

New sunBow preview version available

Anyone interested in a Cocoon IDE might want to take a look at this.
sunBow is an extension (plug-in) for the popular eclipse platform.

Here is a list of the current features:

XML Development
  XML Validation: documents can be checked for well-formed XML
  XSLT Transformation: allows transformation of XML documents with an XSLT
stylesheet
  XSLT Transformation - Debug: allows tracing of the XSLT transformation
process and
  allows breakpoints

Apache Cocoon
  Sitemap Editor: dialog orientated editor for the Cocoon sitemap based on
XMLSchema
  Sitemap fragments: manage fragments/templates for the sitemap
  Configuration: edit the log level in the logkit.xconf file

Web Application

  Deployment: changed files can be copied to a defined directory
  Testing: single requests or sequences of requests can be performed,
           Apache Latka tests can be executed from the workbench

The preview versions can be downloaded and used for free. The final version
will be
commercial.

More information can be found here:
http://radio.weblogs.com/0108489/2002/06/19.html#a5

Please provide any feedback to sunbow-support@s-und-n.de. We are also very
interested
in hearing what you would like to see in a tool like this.

Matthew

--
Open Source Group       Cocoon { Consulting, Training, Projects }
Tel:+49-5251-1581-30  mlangham@s-und-n.de - http://www.s-und-n.de

Re: New sunBow preview version available

Posted by Martin Dulisch <md...@s-und-n.de>.
Hi Jens,

> Just wanted to try this and got the following error:
>
> Unable to instantiate editor:
> de.sundn.prod.sunbow.cocoon.treeeditor.TreeEditor
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/eclipse/ui/IWorkbenchSite
>

> Looks like an incompatibility between different Eclipse
> versions.
>
> I'm using Eclipse Platform 2.0 (pre-release) Build 20020416
with
> Sun-JDK-1.3.1 on Win2k.
>
> Maybe you could tell us which Eclipse and JDK this plugin
> is intended to work with.

Try sunBow with eclipse stable build F3. The plug-in API in
eclipse changed since version F1.
JDK 1.3.1 is ok.

Martin

Martin Dulisch, S&N AG, Klingenderstrasse 5, D-33100 Paderborn
Tel:+49-5251-1581-75 mdulisch@s-und-n.de - http://www.s-und-n.de

Re: New sunBow preview version available

Posted by Jens Lorenz <je...@interface-projects.de>.
> Anyone interested in a Cocoon IDE might want to take a look at this.
> sunBow is an extension (plug-in) for the popular eclipse platform.
>
> Here is a list of the current features:
>
> XML Development
>   XML Validation: documents can be checked for well-formed XML
>   XSLT Transformation: allows transformation of XML documents with an
XSLT
> stylesheet
>   XSLT Transformation - Debug: allows tracing of the XSLT transformation
> process and
>   allows breakpoints
>
> Apache Cocoon
>   Sitemap Editor: dialog orientated editor for the Cocoon sitemap based
on
> XMLSchema
>   Sitemap fragments: manage fragments/templates for the sitemap
>   Configuration: edit the log level in the logkit.xconf file
>
> Web Application
>
>   Deployment: changed files can be copied to a defined directory
>   Testing: single requests or sequences of requests can be performed,
>            Apache Latka tests can be executed from the workbench
>
> The preview versions can be downloaded and used for free. The final
version
> will be
> commercial.
>
> More information can be found here:
> http://radio.weblogs.com/0108489/2002/06/19.html#a5
>
> Please provide any feedback to sunbow-support@s-und-n.de. We are also
very
> interested
> in hearing what you would like to see in a tool like this.

Not sure yet. Have to see your plugin first.
The most important thing none of the existing development tools
can come up with, is the connection between XML markup and
Java-Code. (e.g. cocoon.xconf and Components or sitemap.xmap
and Actions or XSP and Java)

But how exaclty I can't tell (yet).

> Matthew

Just wanted to try this and got the following error:

Unable to instantiate editor:
de.sundn.prod.sunbow.cocoon.treeeditor.TreeEditor
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/eclipse/ui/IWorkbenchSite

Looks like an incompatibility between different Eclipse
versions.

I'm using Eclipse Platform 2.0 (pre-release) Build 20020416 with
Sun-JDK-1.3.1 on Win2k.

Maybe you could tell us which Eclipse and JDK this plugin
is intended to work with.

Regards,

Jens

--

jens.lorenz at interface-projects dot de

interface:projects GmbH                             \\|//
Tolkewitzer Strasse 49                              (o o)
01277 Dresden                               ~~~~oOOo~(_)~oOOo~~~~
Germany

Re: New sunBow preview version available

Posted by Bert Van Kets <be...@vankets.com>.
 From what I read in the docs it looks great.
I'll check it out ASAP and give you feedback.
Bert