Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Tony Anecito <ad...@yahoo.com> on 2012/06/18 17:55:29 UTC

Running Tomcat in a jvm with an EJB container...

Hi All,

Is it possible to run Tomcat in the same jvm as JBoss and if so how to do that? I am using the latest versions of both and usually run in separate jvms but want to see if it can they can run together in the same jvm so I can compare response times for both configurations. Since JBoss is usually several minor versions behind on it's embedded Tomcat server I usually run them in different jvms so I can use the latest versions of each.

Thanks!
-Tony

Re: Running Tomcat in a jvm with an EJB container...

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.

RE: Running Tomcat in a jvm with an EJB container...

Posted by Tony Anecito <ad...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks Martin,

I am using JBoss 7.1.1 final in standalone mode and both that and Tomcat in jdk 1.7.0_05 64-bit. I am just trying to find out about the interprocess communication response time.

Thanks,
-Tony

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
Tony-

Posted by Tony Anecito <ad...@yahoo.com>.
Actually I am trying to keep the same exact tomcat builds so I eliminate that as a cause for differences in my test results.

Thanks!
-Tony

Posted by Jose María Zaragoza <de...@gmail.com>.