Posted to user@mesos.apache.org by Paul Wolfe <Pa...@imc.nl> on 2015/10/06 11:30:34 UTC

Old docker version deployed

Hello all,

I'm new to this list, so please let me know if there is a better/more appropriate forum for this question.

We are currently experimenting with marathon and mesos for deploying a simple webapp.  We ship the app as a docker container.

Sporadically (ie 1 out of 100) we find an old version of the app is deployed.  It is obvious from the logs and the appearance of the GUI that the version is old.  If I download and run the docker container locally, I see it is indeed the latest version of the code.  That leads me to believe that somewhere in the marathon deploy or the mesos running of the image, versions are getting confused.

I guess my first question is what additional information can I get from marathon or mesos logs to help diagnose? I've checked the mesos-SLAVE.* but haven't been able to garner anything interesting there.

Thanks for any help!

Paul Wolfe

________________________________

The information in this e-mail is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed.

It may contain confidential and /or privileged material. If someone other than the intended recipient should receive this e-mail, he / she shall not be entitled to read, disseminate, disclose or duplicate it.

If you receive this e-mail unintentionally, please inform us immediately by "reply" and then delete it from your system. Although this information has been compiled with great care, neither IMC Financial Markets & Asset Management nor any of its related entities shall accept any responsibility for any errors, omissions or other inaccuracies in this information or for the consequences thereof, nor shall it be bound in any way by the contents of this e-mail or its attachments. In the event of incomplete or incorrect transmission, please return the e-mail to the sender and permanently delete this message and any attachments.

Messages and attachments are scanned for all known viruses. Always scan attachments before opening them.

RE: Old docker version deployed

Posted by Paul Wolfe <Pa...@imc.nl>.
I do see the stdout in the webgui, which is how I can confirm the old version is deployed.

What I need is some information about what version/tag of the image mesos is using.

You could see the stdout/stderr of your container from mesos webui.

--
Best Regards,
Haosdent Huang

________________________________

Posted by haosdent <ha...@gmail.com>.
Randomly run an old image looks strange, is it because your image registry
have problems in some cases?

Posted by Paul Wolfe <Pa...@imc.nl>.

Posted by Paul Wolfe <Pa...@imc.nl>.
Turns out it was a “bug” in docker. We found that running by hand the same tag (78) would randomly run version 18. Wouldn’t pull, even though the images wasn’t in the cache.

Upgrading from docker 1.7.1 to 1.8.2 seems to solve it, dangerous problem though…

Posted by Rad Gruchalski <ra...@gruchalski.com>.

radek@gruchalski.com (mailto:radek@gruchalski.com)

Posted by haosdent <ha...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Paul Wolfe <Pa...@imc.nl>.
My marathon deploy json:

{
 "type": "DOCKER",
  "volumes": [
    {

Posted by Rad Gruchalski <ra...@gruchalski.com>.
Paul,

Posted by haosdent <ha...@gmail.com>.
Does this problem always appears in some same machines?

--
Best Regards,
Haosdent Huang

Re: Old docker version deployed