Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Jaw Dat <id...@gmail.com> on 2006/07/16 18:09:20 UTC

a different thread group for login?

I was wondering how to load-test applications which require login at
first? Where can I find resources that address this?

At first I thought I'd use two scheduled thread groups, such that the
second thread group starts only after the first one finishes, where the
first thread group simulates a number of users logging in , and the
second thread group simulates their interaction with the tested
application after succesful logins. But on second thought, this is
rather naive. How would I account for each simulated user's session
(cookies, sess_id, etc) ?
Any ideas resources, on how the community does this?

Thanks in advance,

Dat.

what kinds of tests can JMeter be used for?

Posted by Jaw Dat <id...@gmail.com>.
Sometimes the subject just says all that needs to be said. Tia.

Dat.

Re: a different thread group for login?

Posted by Marc Anthony Winoto <ma...@netregistry.com.au>.
Easy.

All you do is have each thread in your thread group login, then test the functionality you want.
So something like:

Thread Group
- HTTP Cookie Manager (this handles all the cookie stuff)
- Sampler 1 - Login
- Sampler 2 - Test function A
- Sampler 3 - Test function B