Posted to dev@groovy.apache.org by Pascal Schumacher <pa...@gmx.net> on 2015/07/19 10:20:46 UTC

GROOVY-6974: Path.size() should return 0 instead of throwing NoSuchFileException

Hello everybody,

what's your opinion on "GROOVY-6974: Path.size() should return 0 instead
of throwing NoSuchFileException"
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GROOVY-6974 and the associated
pull request https://github.com/groovy/groovy-core/pull/496 ?

Imho we should close it as "won't fix", because it's a breaking change
and the current behavior makes more sense.

-Pascal

Re: GROOVY-6974: Path.size() should return 0 instead of throwing NoSuchFileException

Posted by Pascal Schumacher <pa...@gmx.net>.
Hello everybody,

thanks for the feedback. :)

I just closed the issue as "Won't fix".

Cheers,
Pascal

Posted by ba...@balachandran.org.

On 2015-07-19 13:50, Pascal Schumacher wrote:

> Imho we should close it as "won't fix", because it's a breaking change
> and the current behavior makes more sense.

+1, we should return 0 if it is a zero byte file(i.e. in bash terms,
test -s <path> should return 0). If the file itself doesn't exist the
current behaviour of throwing an exception is correct imho. Thanks

--
Thank you,
Balachandran S

Re: GROOVY-6974: Path.size() should return 0 instead of throwing NoSuchFileException

Posted by Alexander Veit <gr...@nezwerg.de>.
> Imho we should close it as "won't fix", because it's a breaking change
> and the current behavior makes more sense.

+1.

I'd rather change the behaviour of File#size(), to throw a
NoSuchFileException if the file does not exist.

-Alex