Posted to torque-dev@db.apache.org by Thomas Vandahl <tv...@apache.org> on 2018/05/05 16:06:33 UTC

[RESULKT][VOTE] New Torque Committers: Georg Kallidis and Jeffery Painter

Hi PMC,

the DB-Torque folks have held a vote about two new committers like this:

On 27.04.18 11:31, Thomas Vandahl wrote:
> two people from the Turbine project have shown interest to help with a
> new release of Torque. Georg and Jeffery are experienced long-term
> contributors and PMC members of the Turbine project which historically
> always had strong ties to Torque.

The following binding +1-votes have been cast (in order of appearance):
- Thomas Vandahl
- Greg Monroe
- Thomas Fox

No 0 and -1 votes were cast. The vote has passed. Thanks to all the voters.

I would like to ask the PMC chair to take the necessary steps to give
Georg and Jeffery commit rights to DB-Torque.
- Georg Kallidis (gk)
- Jeffery Painter (painter)

TIA

Bye, Thomas

Re: [RESULKT][VOTE] New Torque Committers: Georg Kallidis and Jeffery Painter

Posted by Thomas Vandahl <tv...@apache.org>.
Hi Craig,

On 08.05.18 19:49, Craig Russell wrote:
> I think I am missing something. I am a member of the DB PMC and didn't know about the vote that was going on.
>
> DB-Torque is not a PMC. The DB PMC did not hold a vote. Where is the process that you went through documented?

The voters are all PMC members. I thought this was sufficient. To my
knowledge, Derby votes also take place on the developer list and only
the results are copied to the PMC list. I followed this path.

Posted by Craig Russell <ap...@gmail.com>.
Dear Thomas,

ping?

Craig

Posted by Thomas Vandahl <tv...@apache.org>.
Hi Graig

> Am 09.05.2018 um 18:12 schrieb Craig Russell <ap...@gmail.com>:
>
> So I'd like Thomas to acknowledge that we are using the same process that most other PMCs use.

I have to admit that I didn't take too much time to research processes. I tried to derive what to do using a combination of e-Mail history and common sense.

The communities of the DB sub-projects are very separated - at least this is my impression. I don't think that Derby committers know what is appropriate for Torque. I, for my part, claim that the other way round.

That said, we can as well restart voting on private@db to make this legal, if you prefer.

Posted by Craig Russell <ap...@gmail.com>.
Hi Bryan,

Posted by Bryan Pendleton <bp...@gmail.com>.